Monday, September 15, 2008

What day is it?

Well it's Monday, I think. Sunday was the big day. We brought Molly home and introduced her to the dogs. Nana (Grandma Chester) was nice enough to help us and drove Mommy and Molly home. I got there first and took the dogs out for a walk and arrived to the house at the same time they did. The dogs were SO excited to see Mommy because she has been gone since Wednesday. I kept them on their leads to avoid jumping and injury to Mommy and certain death to dogs. They did very well with Molly. They are very curious and did lots of sniffing! Carla seems to be less interested than Norman. She sniffed and gave some gentle kisses to Molly. Norman wants to be around her a lot and wants to sniff and be involved in everything with her. They are a little freaked out by her crying and screaching. She does not really seem to be scared when they bark. Maybe she got used to it while she was in the belly...
Mom and Dad, Grandma and Grandpa Buvala (Mr. Buvala, even though I have not heard him say that to Molly yet) were also here to assist with the arrival on Sunday. They and Nana were a very big help. Thanks!! Mom and Dad stayed until about 11pm. Nana Chester had to go home because she had been with us ALL DAY. She's been a huge help. So then it was just Mommy, Daddy, Molly, Carla and Norman. We had a good night, but it was kind of scarey! We did not know what to do. Where to sleep? Where to put the dogs? Where to put Molly? When we finally went to bed for the first time, Mommy was trying to feed Molly in the bed. It didn't work out too well, but eventually Molly went to sleep. I wrapped her in a big blanket and then put her in the beautiful cradle. She looked so tiny in there. Sarah and I layed in the bed with the dogs. I could not sleep...New Daddy fears of the baby not breathing and stuff like that. Sarah is exhausted so she slept more than I. About one hour later, I heard noises from the cradle. I got up and found the baby still sleeping, but her head was kinda cocked to the side because of the thing she was sleeping on inside the cradle. It's supposed to keep them from rolling, but I think it's stupid because of the position it puts their heads in... anyways, we all got up and Molly screamed some more. She was changed and given some more eats. I think I changed her again and then ended up with her in the rocking chair. (She slept for about 3 hours which was good because Mommy got some rest.) I slept too but woke up every time she moved or gasped or anything. I was also freezing, but I didn't want to move and wake her up. I eventually tried to put her in the crib, but she was not having that. So I scooped her up and we went back to sleep in the rocking chair. 5:30AM, another pee pee diaper change and more eats... Mommy and Molly are back to sleep, in the rocking chair. 6:45AM, here I am, updating the blog and Face Book... My new life... :)







1 comment:

E said...

Andres did the very same thing with our babies. Had trouble sleeping wanting to make sure baby was breathing or check on her because she made a weird noise, etc etc.
I am SO SAD that I haven't met that baby yet. I wanted to go on Sunday, but decided it'd be best not to because I would have had to bring Ivy, and they don't like non sib kids in maternity wards.

Every time I look at her pictures I get all teary!!! She is so beautiful. PERFECT.

Sigh, Ivy was that tiny like, a few minutes ago. Now she is sitting up all by herself, and pulling herself up to her FEET in her crib!! Yikes.

When you are feeling lousy when the baby has woken up and pooped her diaper and won't latch on right and won't go to back to sleep etcetc. just remember how BRIEF that time in a baby's life is. It seems like it's never going to end when you are in the thick of it, but the next thing you know, that newborn phase is long gone. Try to enjoy it as much as you can. :)

You will never sleep the way you did before you had a child, I hate to break it to you, but it's true, you don't really sleep, you worry with your eyes closed. LOL
At some point you will get a few hours of sleep in a row, and that will feel like heaven.